New Ecology, Inc. is seeking candidates for the position of Green Building Associate. The Associate assists senior staff in providing green building services to project owners and development teams. The work requires a strong interest in the technical aspects of green building combined with interest in coordinating the documentation and recordkeeping of project details that are required to achieve LEED or Energy Star certification and secure of utility rebates.
New Ecology is an innovative, nationally-recognized non-profit corporation that provides energy efficiency, green building and other services to community-based organizations to promote sustainable development. For more information about New Ecology, see www.newecology.org.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Green Building Associate's duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting senior staff with project coordination, including scheduling and recordkeeping;
• Monitor the flow of work and assist staff in meeting client deadlines and expectations;
• Assisting in the review of technical documents such as building plans, specifications, and submittals;
• Providing quality control review of project deliverables;
• Assisting in the tracking of program related data;
• Assisting with field inspection of construction sites;
• Researching green building products and techniques;
• Assisting in the development and refinement of tools and procedures used by the staff to complete the Company's work;
• Assisting in the documentation of LEED projects, including managing LEED documentation; working with project teams to help them fulfill requirements; resolving questions relating to credits;
• Securing grants and rebates for clients, including writing proposals, working with utility representatives, and filing rebate forms; and
• Drafting proposals.
Occasional travel to job sites and meetings throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is expected.
The ideal candidate thrives in an atmosphere that requires rigorous attention to detail and a desire to play a supporting role on a fast-paced team. The candidate must demonstrate a basic technical knowledge of green building techniques, and should be a LEED accredited professional. The candidate should also possess strong MS Excel and Word and writing skills. Experience with databases and Salesforce a plus.
The applicant's experience and qualifications should include some or all of the following:
• experience in reading and interpreting specifications and plans;
• classroom or field training in building science;
• experience in construction or energy efficiency work;
• experience as a HERS rater and/or BPI certification;
• experience with utility rebate programs or LEED certification work;
• one to two years of relevant work experience demonstrating:
• the ability to work independently without constant management oversight;
• a valid driver's license; and
• a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
This in an entry level position with commensurate pay and a full benefits package
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (Please add "Green Building Associate" in subject line).
NEI is committed to developing a diverse staff. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.