New Ecology, Inc. is seeking candidates for the position of Project Manager in its regional office in Hartford, Connecticut. The Project Manager works with property owners and real estate development teams to improve the performance, occupant health and durability of multifamily buildings. The work requires construction oversight experience, and knowledge of green building practices and technologies, energy efficiency improvement strategies, building science, basic technical architectural and mechanical competency.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Connecticut Project Manager's duties will include, but are not limited to, managing green building and energy efficiency retrofit projects from pre-design through construction to operations optimization. The Project Manager is responsible for client relations, internal and external team member coordination, schedules and budgets, oversight of technical resources, and delivery of final work products. The Project Manager will be the primary client contact on individual projects, and will be responsible for developing and delivering NEI's work product. The Project Manager will work under the supervision of the Connecticut Regional Manager, and will collaborate extensively with other technical staff. Specific tasks may include:
The candidate should be prepared for increased responsibility in a rapidly growing company, and should be motivated to help build this aspect of New Ecology's services.
New Ecology typically seeks to hire multidisciplinary, lifelong learners who naturally seek deeper and deeper understanding of how buildings operate, how finances, markets and regulations affect building ownership, and how this understanding can be used to convince owners and operators to adapt greener practices. The ideal candidate thrives on finding solutions to difficult problems and breaking new ground in a developing business sector, has the organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects and the people skills necessary to clearly communicate complex ideas and meet client expectations. Candidates must have a technical knowledge of building systems and operations; experience in construction project management, coordination and implementation; and a demonstrated desire to work on energy efficiency and sustainability issues at the project and building level.
The applicant's experience and qualifications should include:
• knowledge of green building and energy efficiency strategies and technologies;
• a strong knowledge of multifamily buildings/building systems;
• significant, demonstrated experience in building science,
• knowledge of HVAC systems and building codes;
• technical competence in reading and interpreting specifications and plans;
• experience in construction management and field inspections;
• experience managing multiple projects;
• experience interpreting data, financial calculations, and energy models;
• ability to communicate clearly both orally (presentations) and in writing;
• working knowledge of rebates and incentive programs available to building owners;
• LEED accreditation or the ability to obtain accreditation; and
• experience as a HERS rater and/or BPI certification or the ability to quickly become BPI certified.
Competitive pay and generous benefits package. Professional development is a priority and we provide financial assistance for training and certifications.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (please put "Connecticut Project Manager" in the subject line) or mail to:
New Ecology, Inc.
15 Court Square, Suite 420
Boston, MA 02108
Attn: Connecticut Project Manager position